Resin-ate Love: Cre8time Father's Day Frame


Resin~ate the Love by making this adorable "Dads and Boys, Have the Same Toys" Father's Day Picture frame.

Start with a Dollar Store frame and toy truck.

Truck frame: Tanya Ruffin for Amazing Casting Products

Because I am such a lazy crafter I decided to try to mold both sides of the truck at once. 

Tanya Ruffin for Amazing Casting Products

Came out pretty good, if I do say so myself!

Tanya Ruffin for Amazing Casting Products

Using Amazing Crafting Products Deep Red Alumidust I brushed the inside of the mold.

Tanya Ruffin for Amazing Casting Products

Just about everything I cast I start by mixing in some black Alumilite Dye.

Tanya Ruffin for Amazing Casting Products

I love how they turned out! I added some silver Rub 'n Buff for extra roughness!

Tanya Ruffin for Amazing Casting Products

I used an Etsy purchased compass mold for another embellishment.

Tanya Ruffin for Amazing Casting Products

I need something else that kind of represented the truck. My first attempt was to make tread marks but the wheels on this truck were smooth, so that was a bust. My next idea was to use my hubby's truck key, but that had a giant fob on it that looked rather blah... so I settled on just an ole generic key.


Tanya Ruffin for Amazing Casting Products

Not bad! The resin key looks almost as good as the real one! I actually walked out of my craft room and asked hubby if this could turn a lock. He doubted it, but I a not so sure!

Tanya Ruffin for Amazing Casting Products

Detail of the truck on the frame.

resin truck:Tanya Ruffin for Amazing Casting Products

Pieces being glued in place. I couldn't help to add my bestie's beautiful baby to the frame. And since we are in Louisiana, the ever present fleur de lis was added too.

Truck Frame:Tanya Ruffin for Amazing Casting Products

Now, go Craft Your Own Way...
( i'm always thinking... you can go your own way...go your own way..... you can call it another lonely day....)

Tanya




The owner of this blog accepts forms of sponsorship and the compensation received may influence the topics or posts made in this blog. That content may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

 The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

 The owner(s) of this blog would like to disclose the following existing relationships. These are companies, organizations or individuals that may have a significant impact on the content of this blog. We are employed by Create Studios and are on the Amazing Mold Putty design team.

Comments

Popular Posts