Dia de Muertos Multi Use Rubber Mold

Tanya Ruffin.com
My hand-painted mask, resin embellished fan and necklace.

This Halloween season we attended a ball called the Ghostly Gala and the theme was Dia de Muertos. I thought...WAHOO!!!

This post will show the multiple uses for the same resin piece.


Tanya Ruffin.com


I used a dollar store skull mold to make a resin skull piece.

Tanya Ruffin.com

Then I painted it and embellished it with some resin roses.

Tanya Ruffin.com
a plethora of rubber molds
Tanya Ruffin.com
Sugar skull on the left.

Then after seeing the outcome I decided to cast a mold of that skull. I used Amazing Mold Rubber to cast the finished skull and I loved the results!!! The Amazing Mold Rubber really shows the detail of the roses.

I added some black resin dye in the casting resin. If you do not have black dye or your pieces don't match, you can paint the piece with black acrylic paint.

Tanya Ruffin.com

Using the mold above, I made some embellishments to my costume.
I, of course, had to use some Rub n Buff to my pieces. You could also brush some Alumilite Metallic Powders into the mold before you cast.

I purchased a plain black fan and added the sugar skull resin piece to the edge and a cast skeleton cameo. I also found a spider web necklace at Dirt Cheap ( for less than two bucks) and adored it with another sugar skull resin piece.

Tanya Ruffin.com

Tanya Ruffin.com


Tanya Ruffin.com
Me and my niece at the Halloween Ball wearing my resin enhanced necklace. 

What will you bedazzle? 


You Can Craft Your Own Way!

Tanya







Comments

Popular Posts